anyone know how to perfect brown rice?
Whenever, I make brown rice it’s either a hit or miss—I either make great, not too sticky, not too dry rice, which only happened the first time I tried cooking rice, OR I make this horrible super sticky, wet, rice goo, which has happened consecutively time after time :/. I stand over it like a mother watching her newborn sleep, and it STILL comes out like a yucky goo, maybe I use too much water? Brown rice is basically the only thing that makes me look forward to dinner, besides awesome protein, and now I can’t even make a simple cup of freaking rice. Any help will be much appreciated..
- (mom has made white rice, he's currently serving himself, then looks at me)
- Him: What are you making?
- Me: Brown rice.
- Him: Woah!
- Him: Woah, woah...excuse me!
- Him: Excuse me, miss diet!!
- Me: I'M NOT ON A *FUCKING* DIET!!
making brown rice tonight?
and my mom tells me it’s not the most appetizing dish ever. Is it any good?